Professional Development Executive Assistant
At the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations, we pride ourselves on our long tradition of delivering high-quality Professional Development (PD) opportunities to the public, through our PD Portfolio.
- Are you excited by the idea of working in a unique multidisciplinary workplace that will challenge your worldview and enrich your working practice?
- Are you experienced in administration and can provide comprehensive support to our Professional Development Portfolio?
- Can you communicate simply, effectively and diplomatically to a diverse audience?
- Are you self-reflective and curious about working in an organisation committed to psychodynamic approaches to understanding working teams, organisations and communities?
- Are you versatile and can manage multiple responsibilities and tasks?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions you may be the person we are looking for. We need someone with the following characteristics:
- An administrator with up to 5 years’ strong administrative experience, who is comfortable building relationships with a wide variety of potential PD participants;
- A high standard of written and spoken English; possibly multi-lingual would be an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills, with a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook – at least 50 wpm keyboard skills and the ability to create tables, graphs and diagrams;
- Flexibility with the ability to learn new skills quickly and assimilate new information;
- Sufficient numeracy to construct basic Excel spreadsheets and knowledge of Campaign Monitor would be an advantage;
- Proof-reading and minute-taking experience would be an advantage.
We offer an appropriate salary (band from £25,000 – £30,000 pro rata), flexible working arrangements, season ticket loan, contributory pension scheme, a dynamic working environment, unique personal and professional development opportunities and a supportive working culture.
Please have a look at the Job Description and if you are interested in working with us please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should explain how and why you think you would be a good addition to our team and include a response to the workplace questions posed above.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 15 June 2018.
Interviews will take place w/c 25 June 2018.
If you wish to discuss the role, please contact Megan Davies who will be able to help you. Please note this role is a permanent position.