The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations (TIHR) has a framework contract with the European Commission, DG Budget, to provide evaluation services in a range of policy areas. The Tavistock Institute delivers the services to the Commission as a member of the European Policy Evaluation Consortium (EPEC) together with GHK and Technopolis France.
The framework contract is administrated by DG Budget on behalf of the European Commission, so that all DG’s can use it. The Tavistock Institute is included in lot 1, 2 and 3 providing the following services:
- Lot 1: Technical and methodological assistance in the organisation and implementation of evaluation activities.
- Lot 2: Provision of studies of a prospective nature (ex-ante evaluations, impact assessments and evaluations of pilot projects and preparatory actions).
- Lot 3: Provision of external evaluation studies of an interim and ex-post nature.
ImpactThe Tavistock Institute has been involved in several evaluations under the framework contract, including:
- Policy lessons from EU’s Regional Programmes of Innovative Actions. Details
- Evaluation of the involvement of older Commission staff.
- Ex-post evaluation of the EURES programme (the European employment services). Details
- Evaluating the effectiveness of European Contact Direct Centres (EDCC). Details
- An evaluation of the effectiveness, the implementation and the impacts of the new instruments introduced in the Sixth Framework Programme. Details
- A study on statistics, reports and overall evaluations related to the Commission’s VIP programme (an internal job-programme).