Organisational Consultancy: Working with the Dynamics
- Have you ever wondered what on earth is going on here as you sit down with the team you are supposed to be facilitating?
- Have you ever felt a complete fraud – you don’t deserve the fee because you haven’t got a clue about what to do?
- Have you ever thought we’ve covered this ground before, why are we going over it again?
- Have you ever had a feeling that this is the last place I want to be because they obviously hate me and won’t cooperate or collaborate in any way?
- Have you ever felt they love me so much that I would never be able to say anything to upset them?
Well, you’re not alone with these feelings and thoughts, as this is probably the bread and butter of organisational consultants who work with underlying dynamics in individuals, groups and organisations. These dynamics often lead us to feel useless and powerless, yet we know from our previous training and experience, that these feelings actually reside in the client or the client system and are being projected – got rid of.
The tricky bit is what do you do about this? Painful feelings that are being got rid of are not usually welcomed back by the sender. But if you are going to introduce healthy change, ownership of these feelings by the client is important and necessary. But you’re in the line of fire and how to manage the dynamic isn’t easy.
If you want to learn more about understanding and managing these dynamics, come on our Organisational Consultancy: Working with the Dynamics programme. On this programme, you will meet fellow experienced consultants who are grappling with similar issues despite their long consulting experience. Together, participants and directors will be thinking about how these dynamics can be worked with, theoretically and practically.
If you want to know more about the programme and to discuss your situation, please contact Anabel Navarro, Professional Development Manager.