Senior Researcher and Evaluator
At the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations we pride ourselves on our long tradition of delivering high quality applied social research.
- Are you excited by the idea of working in a multidisciplinary team that will challenge your worldview and enrich your practice?
- Are you experienced in managing projects and budgets for private and/or public sector clients and understand the complexities of partnerships?
- Do you have relevant experience of working on research/evaluation studies in the UK and/or EU using a mixture of qualitative and quantitative methods?
- Are you a self-reflective individual interested in working in an organisation committed to psychodynamic approaches to understanding organisations and communities?
- Are you a versatile individual who can attend to several and quite different tasks at the same time?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions you may be the person we are looking for. We need someone with the following characteristics:
- A researcher/evaluator with 5-10 years’ professional experience, with strong expertise in the area of employment and/or social inclusion
- Experience of working on EU contracts and/or for UK clients
- Experience in leading research and analysis in social policy, and skilled in adapting methods according to data, budget or other constraints
- Experience of designing qualitative and quantitative research tools, carrying out fieldwork in a wide range of settings and writing reports to a high standard
- A track record of leading on and /or contributing to proposals for EU and/or UK clients.
- Experience of using theory-based evaluation approaches would be valuable.
We offer an appropriate salary (negotiable up to £42,500) depending on previous experience and qualifications, flexible working arrangements, season ticket loan, contributory pension scheme, a dynamic working environment, personal and professional development opportunities and a supportive working culture.
If you are interested in working with us please send a CV (ideally in Europass format) and covering letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should explain how and why you think you would be a good addition to our team and be a response to the workplace questions posed above.
The deadline for applications is 28th February 2018.
Interviews will take place w/c 5th March 2018.
If you wish to discuss the role, please contact Megan Davies who will be able to help you. Please note this role is a permanent position and we are ideally looking for someone who can work fulltime hours.