An evaluation with five main aims:
OutlineThe aims of this evaluation are:
- To provide a longitudinal evaluation of the impact, outcomes and effectiveness of young people’s substance misuse service provision and training in Tower Hamlets including an evidence-based evaluation of effectiveness and outcomes of treatment interventions for young people across a range of modalities over a period of time;
- to inform local practice and service developments over the course of the project, identifying gaps and needs;
- to monitor and report on the interface, joint working and integration between young people’s substance misuse service provision and Children’s Services in Tower Hamlets’;
- to assess the impact of service provision and the young people’s substance misuse system on a number of groups, e.g. young people using the services, parents/cares of service users, Tower Hamlets residents, with a view to informing the planning and commissioning of young people’s services; and
- to capture evidence-based best practice, ‘what works’ and to share successful service models with national and local government, commissioners and service providers.