The aim of MASSIVE was to design a model of necessary support services for European traditional Universities to successfully implement the virtual component of teaching.
It focused on the following specific objectives:
- Defining the conceptual model of virtualisation
- Identifying and classifying good practices in the organisation of support services to the University community regarding University virtual components
- Exploring and comparing the elements for transferability
- Validating the approaches to develop the support services
- Guaranteeing the wide dissemination of the practices and use of the model
The starting point of MASSIVE were the results coming from previous projects: not only to analyse them but to sustain the good practices generated so as to include them in the final model of support services that is to be designed in the 6 areas proposed by the project consortium. Thus, MASSIVE intended to promote, through a peer review evaluation approach, a mutual support model for service provision among specialised teams of University staff. Most of the outputs of the project MASSIVE are public documents accessible through the links below. They are stored on a particular platform (ILIAS).